World Class Precision Agriculture Experts to Present at Annual Conference
A unique opportunity to speak with experts and see the latest agriculture technology, equipment and software at the trade show
How often do farmers or agronomists have the opportunity to listen and ask questions of a large number of industry experts on the latest agriculture technology? The answer is every year at the Precision Agriculture Conference and Agriculture Technology Showcase where the experts include experienced farmers, leading agronomists, scientists, engineers, and analysts.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Turning Precision Agriculture’s Potential into Profits”. The conference will be valuable to any farmers or agronomists that are interested in using new technologies to help improve their productivity and yields. The 3rd Annual Precision AgTech Conference which will be held February 2 & 3, 2016 at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn and Conference Centre in London, Ontario.
The 2016 Precision Agriculture Conference will welcome more than 300 farmers, agronomists, agri business professionals from leading companies to share their experiences and new ideas. The event starts with a world class line-up of expert precision ag speakers and includes excellent opportunities to speak and network with the experts, as well as see the latest equipment and software at the trade show. “The attendees from the past two sold out events rated the conference as excellent and this year’s roster of speakers is the best ever,” says Joe Dales, Farms.com Executive Vice President.
The 2016 Precision Agriculture Conference Speakers include:
- Lisa Prassack, President of Prassack Advisors of Denver, Colorado speaks and consults with agriculture companies around the world. She specializes in understanding how agriculture technology such as sensors, software, big data analytics and more will be developed and rolled out so that the tools make sense to individual farmers.
- Jason Webster, Practical Farm Research Lead, Beck’s Hybrids in Illinois. A terrific researcher and communicator, Jason will share the results from the research efforts including Multi Hybrid corn and multi variety soybean planting.
- Rob Saik, Founder of Agri-Trend. Rob is leading agronomist, entrepreneur and communicator from Red Deer, Alberta. He will be sharing the story of building Agri-Trend, one of the leading agri businesses and the exciting future now that Agri-Trend has joined Trimble Agriculture.
- Paul Schrimpf, Executive Editor, Precision Ag Magazine, Ohio. Paul writes, reports and presents on the Precision Agriculture industry and will share his knowledge and perspectives.
- J.P. Gervais, the Chief Agriculture Economist at Farm Credit Canada. He believes that farmers need to innovate to improve productivity and competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Jacques Nault, Agronomist and Founder of Logiag. Jacques has an extensive agronomic background and knowledge of soil science. He will be introducing a revolutionary new soil testing technology called LaserAg www.Laserag.com at the conference.
- Stephanie Smith, Agronomist from 360 Yield Center, is passionate about maximizing crop yield potential.
- Steve Redmond, Precision Agriculture Specialist with Hensall District Cooperative is an early adopter of precision agriculture technologies and will share his research initiatives and results.
- Mike Duncan and his team at Niagara College have developed a number of real-time solutions for farmers in the field. His current Ontario precision agriculture work is being applied with growers and grower consultants to increase productivity and competitiveness.
- Noah Freeman, Manager of Precision Agriculture Technologies, Agri Reliant Genetics, Indiana. Noah will provide an overview of the new research and technologies being developed from the third largest seed company in the USA. (Pride Seeds in Canada)
- Paul Raymer, President of Practical Precision. Paul is a mechanical engineer who has specialized on soil information in mobile equipment design. He will provide an update on the powerful SoilOptix technology which is simplifying the soil mapping process.
These are a few of the speakers that you will see during the packed one and one half day conference. “The conference will also feature the popular Farmer Panel of producers who will share some of their experiences implementing new technologies on their farms and what they are planning for 2016,” says Dales “this producer panel has been a highlight of the past two conferences."
For more information about the Precision Agriculture Conference, visit the website: http://www.farms.com/precision-agriculture/conference-2016/